Sunday, May 21, 2023

First Day, Season 3

Driving is much easier now, but the day was also extremely exhausting. I made a series of 8x10 plates using the collodion from last September. Surprisingly the collodion was still good and had not changed to a deep red, was only a dark orange. The Dewalt battery system worked great; I was on battery number 5 of 6 after running 1 pump for around 10 hours. Next time will do the 20x24 camera and be making mammoth plates of that same size.

Note* Used my crude exhaust fan (cardboard box with $10.50 Goodwill buy fan) today for the first time. It seemed to work reasonably well on the high setting. I will keep u using it for now, I believe it helps the darkroom trailer air quality.


Cheapo exhaust fan set up!
Various shots from the day. I need to develop a consistent way to shoot the wet plates.