Saturday, May 27, 2023

10 Batteries!

I now have 10 off market Dewalt style batteries. I will use the batteries to power Dewalt style 200 watt inverters. The inverters will run the agitation pumps in the field when I have no land line power sources.

In my first tests each of these batteries ran a pump for about 2-3 hours. When I they went dead, I just pumped in another battery and the agitation started again. So if you do the math, this system will allow for 10 - 15 hours of running water agitation per pump.

As backup power supplies I also have the solar Jackery 1000 system and my 3 trailer lead acid battery (2 charged via solar, 1 when the trailer is towed).

So I should have plenty of power at least at the beginning of the process. I am not sure how long these off market batteries will hold their charges. They were way cheaper than the authentic Dewalt versions, probably about 1/3-1/2 the price. So even if these copy batteries go dead faster, I could buy a second second set of 10 and still come away a bit ahead in overall total cost.

We will see how it goes. I am trying to save money on this project as I go along. The total eventual cost of AMBROTOS KANATA will be well over $100 000 CAD. That number is a guess for the 15 plus year run of the series.