Monday, May 22, 2023

Dewalt DCE512B Fan

I picked up a Dewalt work job fan today, number DCE512B. Last year at times in the darkroom trailer it was scorching hot, fainting hot temps. I do not think an air conditioning unit is practical because of power restrictions but getting a good durable large fan seems like a smart compromise. After last week's success running the water agitation pumps off Dewalt copycat batteries, I decided to go Dewalt again. I am not sure if this unit will work with my current batteries but will give it a try. I also picked up an additional 4–20-volt cheaper copycat batteries, giving me 10 total. That should be enough batteries, and fans!

Total cost 4 batteries $135.86 CAD, fan S154.95 CAD, plus tax. Lots of money going out, trying to get this project moving forward. I need to apply for some art grants seeking financial help.

Note* The fan is tough, and fairly large. It should cool the darkroom trailer down some, at least when it is not too crazy hot.

Picked up 4 more of these type batteries, making a total of 10-copycats.