Sunday, May 14, 2023

Spent More Money! Jackery 1000 Solar Power Generator

Just when I said I would start saving money and not spend anymore. I MADE A BIG PURCHASE. Last year I had several instances where I ran out of power in the darkroom trailer. This year I have been trying to eliminate that issue. 

1) I added a second lead added battery to the trailer. I run this battery in parallel with the old one. Which means I have twice as much (or so) battery power storage and power.

2) I got the 2-dewalt style battery 200-watt power inverter units with 6 aftermarket cheaper batteries.

Tonight, I got a third power source. I bought a Jackery 1000, Solar Power Generator with a 100-watt solar panel kit for the worrying cost of $1899 CAD plus taxes.

These Jackery units are the king of outdoor camping power. I have watched and read glowing reviews on these units. Hopefully I can use it for several years as backup to the darkroom trailer, in the washing/drying tent and for general boondock camping.

Note* This Jackery bundle comes with 2-100 watt-solar panels. If you buy the Solar Power Station with 1 solar panel ($1699 CAD), then add a second panel later ($389 CAD), you will pay $189 CAD more. So, in a roundabout way, this is a bit cheaper. With 2 panels I should be able to charge the unit twice as fast in the Solar mode.


Note** I think I may be able to use these 2-100watt solar panels to charge my lead acid batteries in the darkroom trailer, replacing the single 100watt panel I now use. The only down side is the Jackery solar panels are not water proof.

Bundle, Jackery 1000 Solar Power Station with 2-100watt solar panels
Jackery 1000 Solar Power Generator