Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My $35 Camera Cam!

I got my $35 used HTC RE video camera today in the mail. This thing is tiny and might actually work. The plan is to attach the video camera via Velcro to my various film cameras (Leica, Rolleiflex, Linhoff). Love this mixing of very old and very new tech. They can work together to tell a more complete, educational, informative and fun story.

The HTC RE will enable me to get a first person video and sound recording of some of my photography next trip. I can use the footage for my blog, YouTube, Vimeo channels as well as in future artist talks and will show it alongside photographic prints in exhibitions.

The wide angle lens and slow motion feature of this fun little camera might work great for me or not at all! For $35 thou it is worth the try. Will post some camera cam video soon.
Original Blog