Friday, February 5, 2016

Link: An Email, My New Devleping Website Address, Any Opinions From Anyone?

Tonight I received a nice email from a friend online.

Hi Gerry,

Just read your blog about your Wix site and I would skip the advertising Wix and pay the extra. Its too visually distracting to have pop-up advertising all the time. I have had Wix for several years never had a problem with it. People view it from all over the world.
Continued success in your travels. The photos of your last trip are truly amazing.
I will be in Edmonton to probably pick up my work from --- at the end of Feb. and hope to visit L L's Gallery.
Take care and keep submitting your photos, I know it can be discouraging I have been doing it for a very long time.

Cheers,
A T W
------------------------------------

I decided to forward the link to my ongoing efforts at creating a webpage using www.wix.com. Anyone else out there in the cyber blog reading world have any opinions on the page? What I can do to improve it?

Here is the link, still going to change out many of the photos, fix them up, bigger smaller files etc. Most of the galleries are still empty, might take years to fill up. I want to cut down on the number of overall photos but I also want to include as many of my subjects as I can. This page is for them, the people I photograph, not me, it is about allowing their stories to be told. Everyone in the dump, or the slum or wherever I photograph deserves a seat at the table and the chance to tell their tale. So I plan on putting lots and lots of pics and lots and lots of galleries on this site.
http://gerryyaum.wix.com/photo