Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My 16x20 Chamonix Is On Its Way!!!!!!

Got my tracking number today for my brand new 16x20 Chamonix camera, it is currently in Shanghai China (where it was made). Arrival is expected on the 29th of February!!! Exciting stuff!!!!

I plan on ordering at least 4 reducing backs for it in the next year, possibly as many as 6. Some of the possibles include:

1) 11x14 (portrait work)
2) 14x17 (X-ray film, possible portrait work and landscape work)
3) 8x20 (super panoramic landscapes)
4) 12x20 (part panoramic landscapes)
5) 14x14 wet plate (square format portrait and landscape)
6) 16x20 wet plate (max size I can fit on the camera, portrait and landscape)

I am also interested in 7x17 and 20x24 size cameras, but would probably buy those formats as separate cameras.

Update* Spent last night studying about alternative processes, hopefully I can use this camera to create some of that work.

Update** Think I found the tripod for this beast. I is a carbon fibre Gitzo that can carry up to 88lbs that can stand 9 feet tall and can fold down to a reasonable size and carrying weight. The tripod will cost $1300-$1500 USD but should be outstanding to use, much better than any wooden model.

Update*** I guess with the wet plate backs and Chamonix cameras you can get some kind of adaptor board to fit in. I would buy a 16x20 size wet plate back then adaptor board to fit that back at any size smaller than 16x20 that I wanted. 15x15, 14x14, 11x14 etc.