Monday, February 22, 2016

Bought 3 Types Of X-ray Film

Bought 3 different types of 8x10 X-ray film tonight. They should arrive before I fly back to Thailand, will store them so that I can hit the ground running on my return from Asia. The idea is to try all 3 types with my Deardorff, figure out which I like before proceeding to my big 14x17 purchase. I will use one (maybe 2) of these X-ray films with Chamonix 16x20 (with 14x17 reducer back).

Here are the 3 types I am trying after receiving suggestions from 2 online photos, thanks Angus and Dave for all your help. It is good to have knowledgable photo friends!

- Kodak 8x10 Inch X-ray Carestream Ekatascan B/RA Single Emulsion Video film. Cost is $80 USD plus shipping for a 100 sheet box. This is a green sensitive film (I think). This is a one side emulsion film.

https://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-carestream-kodak-ektascan-b-ra-single-emulsion-video-film.html

-Agfa 8x10 X-ray regular (half) speed Green - CMS 100. Cost is $47.95 for 100 sheets plus shipping. This is a Green sensitive film. This is a double side emulsion film.



-Agfa 8x10 X-ray regular (full) speed Blue- CMS 100. Cost is $49.50 for 100 sheets plus shipping. This is a Blue sensitive film. This is a double side emulsion film.


http://www.chimedsupply.com/Home/?search=cms+xray+8x10

Note* the blue sensitive film should create an almost Wetplate look.

Note** The downside to X-ray film is it scratches very easy, the plus side is it is so cheap. A 14x17 sheet of X-ray film will probably cost me around $1.50 - $3.00 a sheet versudes $22 -$50 a sheet for regular type film from Agfa, Kodak or Ilford.