Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back In Klong Toey

Spent my first day back in Klong Toey slum today. It was fun to be back with people I know, lots of smiles, wais (Thai respect greeting) and talk. I gave back some of the photos I made up and people quite happy. As I walked around children asked to be photographed, others including a young mother with her young daughter also asked. I shot all my film early and wished I had brought extra film and a changing back to change out the holders. I shot 46 sheets in about 2 hours.

Tomorrow I plan on returning to some different slum areas and hand out more prints, I also want to shoot as much film as I can. I have over 100 sheets of 4x5 Tri-x left and tomorrow is my last shooting day this trip. I need to work hard and find subjects to photograph and create as man good last day portraits as I can. I might return to the Muay Thai gym area a second day if time permits.

Below is one group I photographed today, Boowan and Pit, two aspiring Muay Thai boxers.

Boowan 7 and Pit 7 Klong Toey Slum Thailand 2012