Tuesday, March 6, 2012

8x10 Camera Now Not So Frightening

The more I shoot the Linhof 4x5, the more portraits I make with the Linhof, the easier this view camera portrait thing seems to be. The thought of using an 8x10 camera to do the same work but on a larger and slightly more difficult scale (hope its only slightly!) seems not so intimidating now. I am quite excited by the possibilities of making 8x10 portraits with either the Deardorff or the Masterview in the coming years. I will start off with the 5x7 Linhof as I have lots of Tri-x 5x7 to use up but eventually I can see myself using 2 cameras to make my portraits the 4x5 Linhof and one of the 8x10s.

"Ain't Photography Grand!" its all so exciting and rewarding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I need to admit in this blog I also do photography for selfish personal reasons, I find photography so rewarding, so expressive, it gives meaning, happiness and purpose to my life.