Thursday, June 18, 2020

Tonights Work

Made my first Glop for Carbon Transfer Printing. Afterwards with much effort I made up 3 carbon transfer tissues, each measuring about 9x11. Will have to hold off on trying my first prints as I still waiting on the Potassium Dichromate I need to sensitize the tissues.

I also sunned my 2 silvers and then filtered them to death afterwards. I do not think I was filtering my Silver enough. I filtered these 2 baths until there was no more black particles left in the filters. That worked out to 4 filters for 1 bath and 5 filters for the other. Now they both seem very clean. I will try them out in the next few days!

Note* On my first go through with carbon transfer printing, I plan on using fixed out fibre photographic paper (have to find some old stock to use). The fibre paper is an easier substrate to do the first transfer to. Easy is something I need right now!