Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Last Weeks Wet Plate Work

Here are last weeks efforts, 4x5 tintypes. I varnished them last. Am improving the varnishing thing but still have a ways to go. The varnish is too thick in one corner in 2 of these plates. I plan on trying my first 8x10 tintypes and MAYBE even my first 8x10 Ambrotype this week. Depends on the weather, rain is forecast here until at least the weekend.

The cart is QQC Collodion, the other 2 Poe Boy Collodion (longer exposure times 45 seconds plus). These are my first attempts at shooting in daylight, earlier pics were with a Speedotron Flash.

Poe Boy Exposure was 45 seconds, using a F2.5 178mm lens.
QQC, exposure was 15 seconds, using a F2.5 178mm lens.
Poe Boy, exposure was 2 minutes 30 seconds, Poe Boy Exposure was 45 seconds, using a F2.5 178mm lens. Movement is from wind.