Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Making My First Carbon Transfer GLOP!! And My First Carbon Tissue

Making my first GLOP for Carbon Transfer Printing today. If I like the final look of the prints (they can be transferred to a variety of surfaces including glass) I might end up doing some of the KANATA images with the process. Will need to make some prints and move on from there. 

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"

The gelatin is hardening now. The next step is adding ink and sugar to the mix.
Reheating the hardened gelatin until it is liquid again
60 grams of sugar as a platisizer.


12 grams of India ink.


Glop finished, with added ink, sugar and a bit of alcohol. Did a video of this but having trouble uploading it.
A little damned off area for pour. First pour was a mess, as the Glop was too cold and had already hardened too much. Attempt 2 after reheating Glop worked better.
Got my first carbon tissue poured (think that is what they are called). It took me 3 tries to get a reasonable pour. #1 the gelatin was too thick and it made a globby mess. #2 after reheating and liquefying the Glob again I poured too much making a bigger mess, every where. #3 I doubled the height of the magnetic damn and this tissue pour seems okay-ish. Will let it dry then make a second. and third. I am still waiting on my order of Potassium Dichromate (sensitizer) so cannot make any prints yet.