Friday, June 5, 2020

First Plates

FIRST TRY TINTYPES, here is one that I think I like best, lots of mistakes of course...not sure I would use the 178mm that close, the depth of field is so shallow..also probably camera shake as I did not have lens cap..only pushed in and out the dark slide...lots of gunk on the plates as well...need to dust them before varnishing.. need to lay the plate down flat after varnishing to dry..LOTS OF MISTAKES...the various marks and stuff on the plate, not sure why..but heck I got an image! first time out, so am happy with that....onward and upwards...I HOPE!.....2 years from now when KANATA will be starting, hopefully the technique part will be better.

QUINN QUICK CLEAR COLLODION with 178mm Ektar lens at f2.5, full bellows extension.. Speedotron Flash..Vinegar Developer (I think, need to start marking the plates before use)

Baba's cross and crucifix, Tintype, Canada 2020


My first plates