Monday, June 1, 2020

SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT NEW PHOTO

This is from a series I have been working on now and again for the last 2 years or so in Bangkok. It is called "SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT. Sukhumvit road is a major Bangkok street that travels through the city. Part of the road is a major area for tourism, markets, bars and prostitution. In 1999 when I first spent an extended period of 10 months in Thailand, I would wander a stretch of Sukhumvit road every night, making friends, learning to speak Thai and making photos. This recent later return is sort of a look back into that world for me.


Am unsure how I will proceed with this project. I might drop it and and move onto other things. This is a new more covert type of shooting for me. Am trying to capture an authentic truth and honesty here. I bought a new ultra wide lens for my Canon 5D that might help make stronger images next trip, assuming I am able to get back in country at some point, post Covid-19.

New Photo*

Freelance sex worker looking for Western customers, SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, Thailand 2019

Freelance sex worker looking for a Western  customer, SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok, Thailand 2019