Friday, October 4, 2019

I Got My Darkroom Trailer Home!!

My new darkroom trailer arrived today! LOVE IT !!! Am getting a really good vibe off this new place to create. This will be darkroom on the road Canada wide! 
I want to thank Les the trailers previous owner, you were such a pleasure to do business with, very honest, knowledgeable and generous.
Today I also picked up a used plastic laundry sink. These things cost $45 CAD new at Home Depot, got mine for $10. I might get another two single sinks like this or a double version and have 3 sinks in a row. I can then easily use the them for developing film, printing in trays or do all my different types of wet plate work.
The trailer has a great furnace it heats up the space in no time.. It is roomy, especially the headroom. I am always hitting my head on things, not In this new trailer! The counter top is a nice brown laminate which is easy to clean and provides a large work area. It is good stuff all round.

The only repair needed is the lock on the man door which needs replacing. I need to be able to enter and exit the trailer quickly and easily and also want to be able to both bad lock it and lock it at the handle with a key. I will also need to devise come way to lock int from the inside so the door cannot be opened from the outside by accident. Allowing unexpected light into a darkroom can do lots of damage.
I know I am going to do some important lasting work In this new darkroom trailer. I was sad to see the $8600 CAD leave today but this newest tool will give me the ability to create my photos in far flung locals for years to come. Nothing in life better than that!

Darkroom trailer now parked at my mom and dads old home in the yard behind a protective fence. I out 2 locks on the hitch, 1 lock on the man door, 1 lock on the rear door and a big chain on the back twin wheels.
Other side view. I will have to black the windows somehow, maybe with rubylith or a filter that Borut P suggested to me. This will crate a natural safe light int he trailer. I will also need it to be completely black at times such as when I loud film into the holders.
The trailer on receiving it today. The seller Les included the tie down straps, the wheel blocks, the aluminum shelf things on the floor and the 2 ramp boards tied down to the right.
Put a little Durst enlarger in the trailer to see how it looked. Not sure how to tie that baby down but it did work in all the outlets. The trailer has 4 electrical outlets
The man door with problematic lock.
Relaxed looking trailer. Fell asleep in the trailer for 30 minutes today while sitting int the chair with the trailer furnace heat blowing down at me. Am thinking of having 3 of the sinks side by side (removing the fold-able table).
Love the large easy wash counter top. Everything is really solid. The first trailer owner was Ackland's a Canadian industrial company.
Used plastic laundry sink I picked up today for $10. The sink fits nicely. Another bonus is that I can screw it directly to the floor and the back wall if needed. Will also need to figure out a drainage system and water taps.