Monday, October 7, 2019

Bought Me A: Diversitech Condensate Drain Pan, Metal, 60Lx30Wx2D Natural Metal 26 Gauge

Will use this large long 30 inch by 60 inch metal train pan on the counter top of my new mobile darkroom trailer counter top. I hope to place this on the counter and then put darkroom trays on op of the pan. If anything spills out of the trays or drips off the negatives or prints then that liquid would simply fall safely into the pan. At the end of the session I can wash out the trays and the pans and the counter top in the trailer will remain clean. At least that is the idea, lets see if it works. A FaceBook friend told me he uses these type fans so I thought I would give them a try. With shipping the cost was $95 USD.

My counter top in the trailer is 29 inches wide by 60 inches long, so I think it should fit well, only a 1 inch over hang. I can then then run trays and do other darkroom work the length of the pan and into the large sink I plan on buying.

If this works later on I plan to by 36x36 inch plastic pans to do my HF3535 camera ambrotypes in. Those pictures on glass will measure 35x35 inches. I will probably have to buy 2-4 pans. Am kinda worried about the shallow depth of these things which is only 2 inches, but they should work I think.

Note* Have an appointment to look at a large used restaurant sink. The thing is huge, stainless steel with 2 sinks and a working metal flat table section. It measures 75 inches long by 28 inches wide. Hope it works out, the seller is asking $700, I offered $550. Not sure if I will get it or not, need to look at the sinks overall condition and check the weight.

Note** I also found a portable 15 gallon waste container I can use for drainage from the sink. New they run $200 at Home Depot, I found a used one (but never actually used) for $80 online. I might eventually buy a 25 gallon version as well and use the 15 gallon container as a backup. These things are containers on wheels. You hook them up to a drain via a garden hose and when the container is full wheel the whole thing (like a wagon) to a dumping area. The waste container should work quite well in combination with my trailer darkroom sink, all the water and nasty neutralized chemicals can go into it.

Metal Drain Pan 60Lx30Wx2D