Saturday, October 26, 2019

Bought Me A Nuarc 40-1K UV Exposure Unit, With Vacuum Frame

From Facebook....
Gosh Another buy yesterday. The final shipping details are working themselves out but things have come together and the deal is done. I bought a NUARC 40-1K in good shape with 2 extra bulbs (which run about $100 a piece), with shipping ($350 CAD to Edmonton) for a total cost of l$1000 CAD. So that works out to $650 for the Nuarc, $350 CAD for shipping with the bulbs thrown in. I will be receiving the unit sometime before Christmas. The plan is to keep it in storage over the winter and then set it up in the spring. The unit is big with a huge vacuum table (40 inch?). I will need a larger room to set it up in. My mom and dads old home has a room off a triple garage that might work for this purpose. This semi large space has no heating but for the most part it should be an OK working UV exposure work area, if cleaned up properly. I could set up the Nuarc with tables, shelved cabinets etc and see how it goes. All the other platinum, alternative process wet work can be done in the nearby darkroom (75 meters away?).Am a bit worried about the weight of the machines, I might need some help later on moving and setting it up but thats a problem for the spring. My dad used to move mountains by himself (moved fridges up flights of stairs into his mid 70s), so I am I sure I can manage somehow. Dad is always a teaching example to me. Hard work does lead to positive results! We will figure it all out. Am happy I have the unit, have heard good things from many platinum printing folk about the Nuarc 26-1K and the 40-1K.
Here is my new-used Nuarc 40-1K
Note* From one of the Facebook posts:
Gosh am using up all my savings. But that is the way it has always been with me, everything thrown into the photography. Do without a lot of other things but always pay for the photo gear, the photo trips, film, etc....here is the latest buy and the last for a while. I will need to finish paying for my HF3535 in the coming months, plus house taxes, insurance etc...Here is a post I put on the Platinum Printing Group page, thought I would share it here also...

The plan is to use this unit to make high end platinum print of my lifetime of photographs. As I get older, getting out in the field will be more more and difficult. With some health luck thou I should be able to print another 10 years or so after my shooting days are over or near over. Printing a lifetime of images in Platinum, what is a better retirement than that!! The joy of creating, so many memories will flood back, got to love it.

My new-used Nuarc 40-1K