Thursday, October 17, 2019

HF35Q Being Built!!!

My Ultra Large Format HF3535 wet plate fcamera now named the HF35Q (square format) is nearing the completion!. The camera is 2 years late (maker had a hand injury) but now it is finally being built! All my KANATA dreams are starting to come true. I have a darkroom trailer I am adapting (bought a new-used portable waste container Monday) and now the camera is starting to look like a camera. Here are the first photos of it. My beautiful baby!!!!

from Facebook:


My previously paid for HF35Q 35x35 inch wet plate view camera is nearing completion. I am very excited. Things are coming together quite nicely for the KANATA wet plate project.

I bought a trailer to convert into a darkroom, the camera is being built, I have 2 lens to use, a 100 year old 180cm Carl Zeis Tessar and a more modern Nikkor 1780mm. The trailer conversion is coming along, recently bought a nice large stainless steel sink, also got a portable waste container on the cheap. Am looking to buy a used generator for the trailer and will also modify the roof for a high camera position and add and exhaust fan. So many nice and positive things are happening, it is all so exciting. I plan to head into the field with smaller cameras and the trailer in the spring to do my first real ambrotypes.

So much to learn, so much to do, it is all so exciting. I just hope I do not run out of time to do all I want to do, am 55, so should with some luck have another 25 years to create. Thou carrying around this 35x35 at 80 years old might be an issue :). Got to love photography and all the joy it brings!
My ULF wet plate camera the HF35Q