Monday, October 21, 2019

Freebee!!! Sink Pan

Got a free pan to use as a shallow darkroom sink on my trailer counter top. I bought the thing from China which was shipped through the USA, paid around $95 USD for everything. Problem is it arrived rather badly banged up and bent, especially one corner. I complained to the seller and to EBay and with the sellers help I was able to get a full refund. I will now try to salvage the metal pan-sink with a hammer. Banging it back into some kind of decent shape. I should be able to still use the pan. It will not be perfect but it should work fine.

Here is the original pan buy blog and photos of the damage. Later today will put it in the trailer (on my days off work) and see how it looks.

The pan measures, 60Lx30Wx2D, quite large.It will take up the entire length of my counter when in use, when not in use I will tie it down to the opposite wall. I might also try painting it to avoid rust (will it rust?).

Drain pan for trailer darkroom

Bent pan, views from 2 sides. I should be able to fix it with a hammer, at least. make it usable.