Wednesday, October 23, 2019

KANATA Logo?

Am trying to figure out a logo to use for our major KANATA (cross Canada wet plate project). It might be a black bird with wings spread. I bought a small statue at Goodwill a few weeks back. It was in a box in the trailer, left it there by accident. When I was cleaning today I stumbled on it. The bird emblem seems to fit KANATA, freedom, nature, glory, independance, beauty all represented in that little figure, it seems to fits Canada so well. The statue even looks like the Canadian maple leaf from the flag a bit.

The closest 2 dimensional logo I could find online was this, it might change later but for now, here it is:

Possible Logo (will probably be refined from this)

Note* I will put the logo on business guards and the webpage of the project. Might also have it painted on the side of the darkroom trailer along with a project web address and email address.