Monday, October 28, 2019

HF3535 Camera Build Pics

The photo I posted earlier of my HF3535 was not my HF3535 :). I now have some updated photos sent to me by the builder Filip at HF camera. As you can see the front standard is reinforced and upgraded, thou I will still have to use some kind of lens support for my 1780mm F15 Nikkor lens which weighs a very heavy 16 pounds!!

I still need to pay for a good chunk of this camera, extra work shifts on the way!! Already have one type of photo idea in place for this camera. Am thinking of doing a series of Triptych images of the Arctic Ocean (Beaufort Sea) on wet plate or film, maybe both. Am not sure if that is physically possible, would have to drive as far North as roads allow. It is early days but if I cannot photograph the North waters there, will find another places to do so (Hudsons Bay, Newfoundland?).

Note* I initially paid for the first part of this camera 2 years back, so am quite happy it is nearing complettion!


My. 35x35 inch view camera, the HF3535