Monday, October 7, 2019

Bought Me A Large Stainless Steel Sink For The Trailer Darkroom.

Bought me a trailer darkroom  sink!!! The seller was asking $700 CAD, I paid $550 which is an OKish price, probably a bit of an overpay on my part.

Love the sink!! It fits very well into the space in the trailer next to the counter top on fit left side. There is about 3-4 inches between the back edge of the sink and the rear doors, which is about perfect. The height on the sink rim edge working table area to the right is almost the exact same height as the counter top. The sink basically fits like it was a custom made design.  It is stainless steel and came from a restaurant, last inspected in 2011. The thing is heavy but not too heavy, I am not sure if I need to fasten it down someway, probably will need to do that.

I should be able to use this tool effectively for the entirety of the "KANATA" photo project. This thing is very strong, will out live me no problem. I will hook up a portable waste container to it in the field and a hose to sewage when in a full hook up campground setting.  The faucet will also be hooked up to a full water hook up via a hose if available. If I am using the trailer in the field I will use camping water bottles.

Note* Also picked up the pictured metal shelf for $8. Am not sure how I will attach it to the wall, not sure how I can make it safe for storing items on the road. Should I make walls on it? Tie downs of some kind? Have to set it up so I can safely put things on the shelfs while driving round Canada. Do not want things flying off when I take a sharp turn somewhere.

Sinks, countertop and shelf in new darkroom trailer.