Monday, October 21, 2019

Bought Me A 2000w Champion Generator For The Trailer Darkroom.

Got me a used Champion 2000w inverter generator for the mobile trailer darkroom. These things retail new for $799 CAD, the seller wanted $320 CAD, I offered $250 CAD and was accepted. Watched some youtube vids on this thing and it gets pretty positive reviews. The generator started on  the 2nd pull and is 5 years old (used for camping occasionally). I hope it works for me, will change the oil in the next while to make sure that is fresh and test the unit out on the trailer tomorrow. Hopefully it can provide reliable power for my new beautiful  trailer darkroom while in the field for the next 4-5 years.

I am on my off work week so will be doing some cleaning and and fixer up stuff in the trailer over the next few days. Want to get as much done as I can before the first snow. I should be able to work in the trailer even when it is cooler because of the insulation (thin)  and furnace.

Tonight I also placed the 15 gallon waste storage tank bought 2nd hand but never used for $80 CAD under the trailer sink. I will try to hook it up later this week. I also straightened (sort of) the free bee damaged pan drain for the counter top, have a look! The plan is to place various darkroom trays in it to cut down on the spillage. I might have to paint the pan as well, am worried about rust. Will clean the trailer as best I can tomorrow during the day.

Note* I have to figure out a way to do shelving/cupboards in the trailer. I also want to have a place to store all my work books, diaries and ambrotype collection (for inspiration on the road).

Canadian Tire Link To The Generator

The generator has a Econ mode which uses. less gas and is much quieter. I hope I can use that to run lights, power plugs and furnace in the trailer. If not I will have to go to the higher setting. If need be I call just buy a bigger generator, but trying to avoid that.
Lots of storage under the counter top. This is probably where I will carry all my smaller camera gear etc. Might also be getting a Profoto flash system to do portraits on the road. Profoto uses battery power, something I will need in remote shooting locations.
New unbent metal pan for darkroom trays. Needs painting? I have 4 or 5 different enlargers I might be able to use in the trailer, not sure which will be chosen yet. I will have to figure out some safe way to screw it down to the counter top so it does not fly off when on the road.

Basic set up plus the new used generator, chair and waste tank