Friday, April 27, 2018

First Edit With New iMac

Here is my first edit of a RAW file using Photoshop on my brand new iMac which arrived today. I do not know Photoshop well, so it is very basic edit, dodging and burning type stuff. I will need to learn Photoshop layers and so much more before proceeding with this. I muted the colours somewhat. Tonight when I went out to eat with my friend Larry I saw several of his new photographs in colour. They were very beautiful in a desaturated softer colour type way, almost b/w colour work. I decided to play with the look of my final image somewhat, to see where I could go.

Here is the new image.

Note* I might change this up. Deeper blacks? Lower contrast? Desaturated more? I need to figure lots out before I start to print the final exhibition photographs. Heck! I also need to buy me a printer!!

Boy in front of his dump hut with parents, Mae Sot Thailand 2018