I want to try this process, experiment with it, see what it looks like. Later on it might become a part of my creative technique, I might even try giving workshops on it! Will order a package of 4x5 my the next time I get some stuff from New York. The ASA on this stuff is 1-3.
Here is Tim Layton's site, loads of fun, strong work and many things to learn here. This site is highly recommended, please visit.
|25 sheet box of 4x5 direct positive paper from Ilford|
|Photo by Alessandro Bocchi|
- Camera: TOYO-FIELD 45 AII L (Linhof)
- Lens: Voigtlander Heliar 210 1:4.5 in Compound shutter
- Exposure: 1 second between f 4.5 and f 6.3
- Film: HARMAN FB Direct Positive Paper - 3 ASA - size 4x5"
- Developer: ILFORD PQ UNIVERSAL 1+9 - 2 minutes at 20° C
- Stop: ILFORD ILFO STOP
- Fixer: ILFORD RAPID FIXER
- Lightmeter: Gossen Lunasix 3 reading the incident light.
- Lightning: Ambient light only.
- Scanner: EPSON V700 and EPSON Scan 3.81
- Software: Adobe Photoshop CS4
Note* One positive thing about using this stuff overseas is that with an ASA of 1-3 it probably could go through 50 airport X-ray machines and not be fogged.