Thursday, July 31, 2014

Photo Idea: Children Of The Dump Calendar

I have been trying to figure out a way to make money that I can donate to the families and the children of the Mae Sot dump. My friend Larry has been raising funds for years selling calendars and then donating the money to charity, I think I will give that a go.

My idea would be to photograph 12 different children (or groups of children) for each month of the year. I would make the vertical portraits with a 5x7 view camera and Tri-x. For each month there would be a photo of the child along with their first name and age. The hope would be that the buyer would identify with the child and want to help. I would give 100% of the money earned either directly to the families or to aid organizations that help them.

Young girl crying Mae Sot Thailand garbage dump. Leica 35mm Tri-x November  2013