Thursday, July 17, 2014

Another 800 ASA Dad Film

As I type this I am developing another film of dad shot on Tri-x exposed at 800 ASA, I will post some shots tomorrow. I want to less and less of my 35mm work using flash, with the faster lens I am using and 800 ASA stand development I should be able to do that. David Goldblatt used no flash in his photography, with 35mm I would like to do that also.

Shooting film at 800 ASA with movement and blur is a truly freeing experience.  You worry less about low light, less about focusing and sharpness. It is all about the feel of an image, the emotions your trying to communicate. The higher contrast prints with strong pronounced grain from the Rodinal development create a really unique and expressive look. Shooting 800 ASA Tri-x is something I plan to work on a lot more with in the coming years.