Sunday, March 23, 2014

View Camera Workshops Go Well

Well today and yesterday I put in 7 or so total hours of teaching with 2 individual students. The workshops we did were both not using a 4x5 view camera with some demonstrations of an 8x10 camera as well. Everything went great and I quote "Thanks Gerry I had an awesome time!"

I managed to make $200 which I have already deposited to my credit card to help pay for my large RC photo paper order. Thanks guys the lessons are fun and easier and easier to do as I do more an more of them. As a bonus both students are are returning to do darkroom workshops, they will develop their film, make contacts, test trips and RC paper prints in the coming weeks. The students get to learn about darkroom work and I get to have some more fun teaching and make another $200 to buy more film and or darkroom supplies. This workshop thing is a great win win, I can also declare it on my taxes to prove I am at least making a tiny bit of income on my photography.

I might be raising the view camera workshop price to $120 (more physical, lots of carrying equipment) and will probably keep the darkroom at $100.