Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 41 Out Of 42 In The Dark

Well today is my 41st darkroom day out of a 42 possible days. I just printed up 4 11X14 RC paper burning masks of prints I will make in the coming days. I have 2 images from the "Leprosy" Nepal series, 1 from the "Street Kids" Kathmandu Nepal series and 1 from the "People Under the Freeway" Bangkok Thailand series.  There are no photos in the bunch from the "Families of the Dump" work. Three of the pics are from Nepal which was a great place to shoot, a country I would love to go back to and make more pictures, maybe I can go next trip for 15 days (they offer 15 day visa on arrivals at the Kathmandu airport). I would also like to go and photograph in Dhaka Bangladesh, maybe with my friend Larry. Larry has many contacts and has access to many places worth shooting in Dhaka. One new location that might yield some great photography is the leather tanneries in the city, we saw some of those in action in last night in the "Watermark" Burtynsky documentary.

Anyway enough writing for now, I am going to work a 8 to 12 hour darkroom session tonight. This is going to be great!!!!