Wednesday, March 5, 2014

More Workshops A Comin

I have another darkroom workshop inquiry today which should probably lead to another session along with a March set date for a camera workshop and 7 or 8 possibles. In the future I think I will have to raise the workshop prices by $20-$30 or so, they seem quite popular and I usually throw in another hour or so for free.

I am happy to do these things, it is fun to teach photography, as a bonus when I teach I also learn and it allows me earn extra funds to buy film. I have been criticized in the past for putting film purchases in front of other things like spending on social occasions but film is really where its at. Film is the root to any successful image I make, the more I have the better.

Speaking of film B&H emailed me today, my 3 bulk rolls of Tri-x have been shipped. This film will go straight into the freezer for a few years at least, first I need to shoot all the outdated stuff I bought last year. The outdated film is now over 2 years old (Feb 2012). Not sure what film I will buy with the coming darkroom and camera workshops, maybe some more 35mm Tri-x bulk. I have over a 10 year supply of this film but a few more 100 foot rolls here and there will not hurt. : )