Sunday, January 6, 2013

Voices?

Had a rather far out idea tonight, maybe it was from watching the Karen people tell there stories the other night in "The Road" documentary (link to the documentary is a few blogs down). My idea was to do portraits of people and also get an audio recording of them
talking about their lives, telling stories about who they are, what they've experienced etc. I would then print the photo and also include the audio on the blog or in shows, thou I am not sure how I would do the audio in a gallery setting combined with the
portrait but I am sure I could figure that out. Hearing the voices of the people telling their stories might add so much to the power of the experience for the viewer (the subject would have to speak English for the Canadian gallery viewers, which might be difficult to do).
It's something to think more about but I think a compelling voice track combined with a powerful photograph might create a overpowering impact.