Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Tool

I have been thinking a lot lately about incorporating some audio files along with my portraits for a gallery show. Earlier on I thought of a project using audio recording along with ambrotype/tintype portraits of gogo bar workers titled "Lost Innocence". Later I thought of using audio recording along with portraits I did of Burmese refugees and migrant workers in Mae Sot Thailand.

I am not sure any of that will happen but I also thought I might like to do audio blog entries (when overseas), plus I wanted to record the memories of my mother and father before they pass away. Considering all of these ideas I bought a quality handheld digital audio recorder! The model is the Tascam DR-100 MKII:


Hopefully this tool will be worth the investment and allow me to create some good verbage to use along with my still images. Having a 2 pronged attack might make the work that much stronger.