Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Film Gerry Calling

I just phoned my photography supply dealer in Winnipeg ,  I gave my name and the fellow who answered the phone said, "Yes I know you your known as film Gerry here in the store!" then he put me on hold to find the manager who I usually deal with.

Gosh using film in the digital age is making me more and more eccentric! I am getting freakin nicknames, not far off from being hermit harry or weirdo wally now.  I guess ordering large quantities of film, 70 rolls of 100 foot 35mm, 1000 plus sheets of 4x5 and 600 sheets of 8x10 might also help with nicknames and people remembering me. It is comforting to know thou that I have the film in the freezer. If Kodak stops making film today I will have a 10 or so year surplus of various Tri-x film stocks.

Film Gerry is now off to the darkroom to develop some prints for the show. I am really struggling with an extremely tough 4x5 portrait, spent the  whole day on it yesterday without much progress. I will try this neg for a few more hours today to see how it goes before switching off to something easier. I might do some reprints of earlier photographs I am not happy with.