Saturday, January 26, 2013

Swiss Clip Frame? And Shipping Case? For New Orleans Show??

I am trying to find the best, lightweight option for the New Orleans show. I thought these swiss clips might work along with my normal acrylic fronts. I could quite easily put 10 -16x20 size frames like this into a check on shipping case of some kind like the photo below. I might try dry mounting the prints to aluminum like Richard Avedon did for his American West work.

Making A Swiss Clip Frame




If I buy a used case like this and use the swiss clips with acrylic I could probably do the entire print shipping process for about $300 (maybe less). It would not be as nice as having black metal frames but I have to figure out what I can handle economically, I need to do it up nice like but also I do not want to spend thousands of dollars on this. I would rather save some framing/shipping costs and use that money to make pictures in Mae Sot later this year.

Update:
I purchased this used plastic shipping case to transport my sex worker on white  aluminium mounted portraits to and from the show in New Orleans. I will probably take 15 mounted prints with me which will give my New Orleans friends something to choose from.

Another thought on the case and 15 mounted prints:
I could probably use the same photographs, with maybe a change or two along with the case to ship and store photographs for the Tootyung Gallery in Bangkok if that show happens.