Sunday, May 1, 2011

Working On My Spotting

Made up some more test prints to work on my spotting. I am trying to improve something I am not that good at, like anything it takes time and practice to improve your technique. Woke up a few hours early and made up the test prints, will try spotting them tonight when I have more time.

I plan on making the 2 Foundation of Arts prints Monday and Tuesday night and then moving onto the show prints the rest of the week. I am still waiting on color chemistry to do RA-4, I also ordered some more color Metallic photo paper. I had to buy a 200+ foot 20 inch roll of the stuff (designed for machines) because Kodak does not make sheet sizes anymore (typical for Kodak). I hope I can start on the color printing this week, I want to print 4 or 5 brothel portraits with Metalic paper and RA-4 chemistry. I will probably use one of the Foundation of Art prints in the group show as well, so thats sort of killing 2 birds with 1 stone.