Friday, May 6, 2011

Color Printing Started

Did some color printing last night but the old 16x20 paper I have might be to old to use. I did tests last night on 8x10 Kodak metallic photo paper and it came out quite nice with the new chemistry but the 16x20 stuff had a weird color balance issue. I have a large 200 foot x 20 inch roll of the paper coming in next monday but will probably not have access to it until the last week before the show week. I can probably get 4 or 5 color images printed in that one week so do not think thats a problem.

Will probably go back to printing the rest of the b/w photos over the next 3 nights to see if I can finish off that. I have 4 b/w prints done but might reprint 2 of them yet. I need 5 or 6 black and whites to go along with the color work. I might try my first 35mm Lecia slum shot of a young girl on a bicycle, can use the same over mat size for that shot and the all the color work. I need to take in print samples and get the over mats cut my last week before the show week as well.

Lost one of my show prints when I made the Foundation For The Arts submission, might have to reprint that work. I looked over the other prints of the same subject I have and only 1 might pass muster. I guess I cannot be to to fussy as I am running out of time but I want to make the best prints I can for the show.

Oh well, going to have supper then back into the dark, only 3 nights more printing before I have to go back to work for a week. During my work week after the nightshifts I plan on continuing to work on the frames, I will sand down the cut corners and put 3 of the 4 frame sides together so they they will be ready for the final stage when I get the prints and over mats done.