Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Bangkok Klong Toey Slum 35mm Scans

Working with the Leica rangefinder was lots of fun, I did get some shots I liked but much of the work was poor in quality. I need to concentrate more when I am making the pictures and need to be more selective when shooting, using the camera like a machine gun just wastes film. I need to be more patient when I am with my subject, to wait and then pounce when the message presents it self.

I will take the Leica M6 with 28mm F2 lens again with me next trip when I plan on visiting North Thailand and parts of Laos. Should I take a second Leica, a couple of different lens? I will also be shooting the 4x5 Linhof for the first time overseas so 2 cameras should be enough (unless I have a break down of some kind).

Here are some scans from contact sheet selections made a few weeks back. I think I am better off shooting the landscape, building photos with the 4x5 than these 35 small negs.