Monday, April 5, 2021

Unboxed The HF3535!!!

Unboxed the HF3535 camera today, ALL LOOKS GOOD! There is no shipping damage to the camera that I can see. With some (LARGE) effort and a little confusion I managed to set up the camera myself. I attached 2 of the 3 wet plate backs and also attached my mammoth 1780mm Nikkor lens. The camera is solidly built and should allow me years of use. I was surprised at how solid the front standard is. When it is locked down, it is LOCKED DOWN. I do not know if I will require the added lens support device, maybe not. I made an unboxing video with 3 (2 go pro and a iPhone) cameras and a lavaliere microphone. I will post the video later this week on the new YouTube AMBROTOS KANATA wet plate channel! More to come!

In the box shipped from the Czech Republic:
- HF3535 Camera made up of 2 sections. A bellows plus rear standard, and the base with the front standard. Putting these two parts together is the hardest part of the solo set up.
- 5 lens boards of various types, one an adapter that takes Sinar lens boards.
- A 35x35 back with plastic ground glass
- A 27x35 reducing back with plastic ground glass
- A 20x24 reducing back with plastic ground glass
- A 35x35 wet plate holder
- A 27x35 wet plate holder
- A 20x24 film holder
 
Note* One of the focusing knobs was forgotten in the Czech Republic, Filip is sending me that knob with the next camera I am buying from him, a HF2024. So in these pictures the HF3535 is missing those focusing knobs.
The 1780mm Apo Nikkor lens mounted HF3535
Here is a wider view of the 1780mm Nikkor mounted on the HF3535. Funny how small this huge lens looks on this large camera
20x24 reducing back
27x35 reducing back
Camera set up on the HUSKY adjustable table I bought for it
The 35x35 back with wet plate holder inserted.
27x35 holder, boy is the baby heavy!