Thursday, April 8, 2021

Todays Jobs!

- Bought a new battery for the van $186 CAD. The van started on the first try, a good sign.

- Cleaned the garage.

- Moved the HF3535 camera, all the backs and holders into the house. Now that was an INTERESTING thing to do. Am huffing and puffing like a 80 year old many running a marathon.

- Drilled a hole in my adjustable table. I plan to run a 1/4 in screw through the bottom of the table into the bottom/left tripod mount of the HF3535 camera. The idea is not to hold the camera firmly, which it will not. The idea is to prevent the camera from accidentally sliding off the table and crashing to the ground.  I positioned the hole to allow a 4 inch work space on the back of the table. There is also room for the hand crank to be turned on the table, raising the camera up and down.

- Cut away excess expanding foam on my large Igloo cooler. I might transition the 4-5 litre bottles from Silver Nitrate to Collodion.

- Put small rubber knobs and black silicone in the holes in the 16x20 metal camera transport case. I will do a second coat later, then do the silicone on the inside of the case as well. This $40 case buy should last me the 20 years of the AMBROTOS KANATA photo project. It took 3-4 years to find the darn thing, but got a good one in the end!

- Will also add the hinges and lid snaps to the cooler when they arrive via Amazon.