Sunday, April 4, 2021

HF2024 Almost Ready For Shipping

Filip from HF camera has volunteered to send the HF2024 camera early. I still need to make 1 payment on the camera, was planning to do that next month. Filip thou volunteered to send it earlier, along with the focusing knobs he forgot to send with the earlier HF3535 camera. Filip Harbart from HF camera is a great person, honest, hard working and dedicated. 

Thank You, HF CAMERA!!

I plan to use the camera in places I cannot take the larger HF3535. It has a long 6 foot bellows allowing for closer work than the Chamonix camera version of the 20x24 and is far cheaper. In places like Niagra Falls I can use the HF2024 easier than the larger footprint HF3535. I might also be able to get less attention from tourists and the local authorities who might interrupt or stop picture making.

I will make the final payment on the camera later, probably in May, after I have received the camera. Thank you Filip for your trust.

Note* This camera might also be very useful for the social documentary style chapters of AMBROTOS CANADA. I think it could be used effectively in the "Lost Sisters" section of the project. Where I might be making photos in bush-difficult terrain, and in remote areas of First Nation reserves in Canada (if the First Nation families accept me). 

I so want the project to raise awareness and to help people. This is not about me, not about my selfish needs. The ambrotypes need to be about the people in the pictures, telling their stories effectively with compassion and understanding. Then taking those images and placing them in places (museums-collections) that will help raise awareness, that will help educate, that might even help build trust and understanding.

The HF2024 camera