Monday, April 12, 2021

Local Cases? For The HF3535

Am sending out an email today, checking on pricing to have 3 to 5 cases made by a Edmonton company for the HF3535 plus holders/backs. Buying the case from a specialty company might be a better, cheaper option than going with a carpenter. It should  also be cheaper than buying the cases from a more distant company that would require expensive shipping.

The idea would be to have the main camera divided into 1 or 2 cases (probably 2) and to store the other holders/backs in individual cases. I am not sure I can carry the camera/case as one unit, over 100lbs, probably closer to 160lbs. The camera in two sections might be better, and be a better option as I age. The problem with 2 sections is that I would then be required to attach the 2 halves every time I used the HF3535. Attaching the 2 halves can be difficult With the 2 pieces already connected in the case, as 1 camera body, I would just need to unfold them, much easier to do. 

Having the backs and holders in their individual cases would allow me to just take what I need for a particular photograph set up out into the field. I could take the 27x35 back and wet plate holder, 35x35 back/holder or the 20x24 back-film-wet plate holder as needed. This system should be easier as I would not need to haul stuff I was not going to use, that gear could stay safely boxed away separately in the trailer.

Not sure how much the cases will cost, but it is a must type thing to get. I will be traveling around the province and eventually around the country, If I do not have cases the HF3535 would get destroyed. I need to protect my beauty camera-holders-backs!!

Note* I finished plugging the holes on my 16x20 Chamonix camera box last week. So I now have strong metal/wood shipping boxes for my 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20 cameras. I also have a giant plastic box with foam for the large lens. The box holds the 42  inch Red Dot Artar, 1780mm Nikkor, Carl Zeis Tessar180cm and Voigtlander 655mm. Now I need to get boxes for the HF2024 and the HF3535 plus parts!

HF3535 with 1780mm mounted F14 lens