Thursday, April 29, 2021

Blurb Book On AMBROTOS KANATA Thoughts

 From Facebook....

Might do single or double page looks in the "Blurb Book"

Wouldn't it be cool to have a series of books on the ambrotype project? It would never happen from a real publisher (been waiting for that for 43 years) but I could do the "Blurb Thing" to document the AMBROTOS KANATA work through the years. It might help the creative process a bit as well. Browsing through older books would tell me where I have been and where I need to go. It would help me learn from the past as the years sneak by.

The ambrotypes would need to stand on their own, there would be no titles on the photo pages, only an index in the back of the (blurb) book listing.

- Title.
- Location , both names and GPS location.
- Date the image was made.
- Ambrotype plate size.

Might pursue this idea. It would be something I could also use as a compacted portfolio (hard to carry around 35x35 inch 4mm glass plates) when I speak to people about the project.

I will do more pretty traditional landscapes like the poor samples here, but I also hope to do many ambrotypes that have a social conscience message. Photos that tell a balanced story of the TRUE CANADA, especially in regards to First Nations people, and the damage to the environment.

Here are some rough grabbed photos, of what the "Blurb Books" might look like.