Monday, April 19, 2021

Beautiful Silver Eagle Bus Conversion

This week I keep thinking how nice it would be to have a Silver Eagle bus conversion as the main vehicle for the AMBROTOS KANATA 15 year cross Canada wet plate project. Imagine driving this beauty around Canada, what a joy. The size might be a problem in the big cities (40 feet plus 14 feet of darkroom trailer) but in the wide open spaces the Eagles combination of comfort, size, power, storage and toughness would be awesome!

It would be great to have that much storage. I could use it to haul the huge cameras and the large glass plates, before and after the ambrotypes were made. Because of the power of the diesel engine, weight would not be an issue.

Update* Missed out on this beauty bus. I was unsure and hesitant in my approach to it. A lost chance I will continue to regret I think. The money was also a worry of course, thou this bus went at a reasonable cost.

Converted Silver Eagle Bus