Friday, November 19, 2021

Possible THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, UNB Exhibition Image #3

I have started working on the digi files I will send to the gallery for the coming shows in October. The deadline is August 1, 2022. I need to make up 50 files for 2 exhibitions of 15 prints each (THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY). The curator will select the 30 that will be shown. They pay for the printing costs of the photographs. Each image will measure about 3 by 4 feet, maybe a bit smaller.

Future Help Note* There might also be the option to sell the post show digital exhibition images if I can find buyers for the prints. 100% of that money would go back to the people in the pictures on my 2023 trip to continue the projects. I can get the prints back to sell from the gallery, if I can find buyers to help the people in the pictures (January 2023 after the 6 week exhibitions ends). If no buyers can be found then the prints might go into the Universities collection.
 
If your interested in a print to help the people in the photos, please let me know.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Nui-ooh is the youngest daughter from the Win family in the dump. I have photographed her since 2013. She is a beautiful young child who stares at me with the same gaze of fascination and fear whenever I appear. Over time she smiles and laughs sometimes but mostly it is still the stare you see in this photograph. In 2015 I photographed her with a Rolleiflex as she walked through the garbage near where here mother, father and older sister and older 2 brothers were working. She had on a pretty dress that day and a sweater that she carried in her hands. Burmese girls at the dump often start to wear earring at a young age, I have even seen babies with earrings of a sort.
 
 
Nui-ooh walking the garbage, THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, Mae Sot garbage dump, Mae Sot, Thailand 2015