Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Back To Thailand :) :) :)

Well....BOUGHT MY TICKET BACK TO THAILAND! The final cost will be about the same (maybe a bit more) than pre Covid. The air ticket was about $200-400 CAD cheaper ($950 CAD) but I will need to buy covid-19 insurance ($190) and also be tested multiple times (cost?). The trip will last 7 weeks.

I will need to jump through constantly changing Covid rules and regulations to make this trip but I feel its time. I long to return to Thai (cancelled 2 trips because of Covid) and with the coming 2 exhibitions at the UNB I will now be able to create new work for those shows with the blad/21mm combo.
The world has changed, Thailand has changed. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to continue the work on THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY. We will also continue the donation work in the dump.
Will take the Blad X1D and 21mm, the Canon 5D Mark 3 or 4 (trying to get the money together to buy a Mark 4) with a 11mm- 24mm zoom plus a 24-105mm zoom and 1 or 2 Lecia R film (Tri-x) cameras with 16mm and 21mm lens (maybe a 60mm).
Cannot wait to have me some Som Tum!! (Papaya salad, my fav Thai food).

I will be back in Canada just in time to continue the wet plate photography work , AMBROTOS KANATA.
Note of a future idea* Am hoping that we can sell some of the 36x48 inch digital prints made for the UNB exhibitions. I would use all that money to assist the "families in the dump" and "people under the freeway" . The UNB Art Centre is paying for the 30 large 36x48 inch digital prints for the show. If I could later get those prints from them, I could then sell them and then give 100% of the money back to the people in the photographs (in the form of goods they can use to improve their lives). That is the hope anyway.

Land of Smiles, HERE I COME!