Monday, November 1, 2021

Bought Me A 21mm F4 XCD Lens For The Hassleblad X1D

Bought me a 21mm  F4 XCD lens. Even used, it cost a fortune, $2851 USD plus shipping from the USA. The second highest eBay bidder bid $2850 USD. I will have trouble paying for this wonderful lens but the photography projects in Asia, THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY, will benefit. This new tool will help tell those stories better. I now have a ultra wide lens to use with my Hasselblad X1D medium format 50megapixal digital camera. I now have a top end tool to make new photographs for the coming 2 exhibitions at the Art Centre at the University of New Brunswick. I can now use some of the new 50meg files for making super large prints for the exhibition (40 inches high). I can see pictures in my minds eye that I can make with this lens, they are flooding in. 

Now I just got to figure a way to pay for this thing somehow.

Note* This lens is the 35mm of a 17mm. I love my 16mm Leica 35mm film lens, this unit should be similar but designed to cover the X1D sensor which is use. I have fallen in love with shooting wide angle, this buy will further photographs of that feel.

Note** The lens is supposedly in mint condition, I hope so. It was avaible from KEH.com for $3045 USD plus shipping. I hope I did not make a mistake by buying from a private individual but the $194 USD savings was important to me.

Note*** Brand new the lens retails at $3750 USD from B&H. So I saved about $900 USD  ($1115 CAD) by buying it second hand used.