Sunday, November 7, 2021

Photo Story: Dad Thinking

This photo was made of dad about 1 week before he passed away. He is still at home but in a hospital bed, he spent only about 2 weeks in the bed. Dad did not talk much towards the end, I would kiss him on the forehead and talk to him, but he did not speak back much. The last time he spoke was to mom, he told her he would take a nap, so she went off to bed. I came to the house soon after and was photographed dad. I was probably photographing him as he passed away or very shortly (he looked to be sleeping) afterwards. I was the first one to know dad was gone, we got to spend some time together before I told mom, I got to thank him again and tell him I love him again.

I miss my father so much, so many things I need to tell him. I dream of him quite often, we do many things together in my dreams.  My father died at home, the home he loved, under the care of my mother on February 22, 2015.

Dad, MY FATHERS LAST DAYS, Edmonton, Canada 2015