Friday, November 5, 2021

30-34x48 Inch For The Exhibitions At the UNB Art Centre

Got news from the curator on what the photos will look like in the coming University of New Brunswick Art Centre shows for THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY." I will send digital files to them and they will do the rest.

"Hi Gerry, I just received a quote for printing and mounting. I am looking at printing 30 images at about 34 X 48. Printing is no problem we can afford to do that. However we can’t afford to mount them. So I am proposing that we mount them using very small pins to 1/2inch gator board. How does that sound to you?"

I agreed to presenting the work this way because my main concern is getting the photos seen, getting the important stories told to a larger audience. As long as the presentation of the work is reasonable and looks pretty good I am OK with it. The lives in the pictures need to be seen, their stories need to be told!!

I asked if I could have the prints after. I might be able to use them for another exhibition or better yet auction them off to raise money for the families in the dump. Hope the pins do not damage the digital prints too much.

Each project will get 15 - 34x48 inch prints.