Sunday, May 30, 2021

Mr. Duct Tape!

My week off work starts tomorrow. I need to dive head long into the darkroom trailer, get the water pump working and prepare the trailer up for road travel. I will need to figure out a working system to store everything safely while allowing for relatively fast set ups on location.

Today I ducted tape an old lens damaged cap that came with my 1920, Carl Zeiss Jena Apochromat Tessar 15/180cm (1800mm) Lens. I will use it as a back cap on this little beauty, am having a front cap made by Andrey Badeev.

Still figuring out how to get a flange made for this lens. Am trying to avoid shipping it to S.K. Grimes. Expensive lens, very difficult to find! Am worried about shipping damage.

Carl Zeiss Jena Apochromat Tessar 15/180cm (1800mm) Lens, with duct taped rear cap